How to adopt a greyhound
Initially prospective owners can either
a. Call us on 0845 458 3797 for advice and information, or
b. Visit the kennels any day between 10am and 2pm, you do not need an appointment.
1. We advise that you visit and see the greyhounds currently in our kennels where you can walk any of them, play with any of them and get a good feel for which one of them might suit you. You will also receive a pack of information about us and our greyhounds.
2. If you like one of the dogs you can reserve it pending a home visit.
3. If there is not a dog that suits you can find out what is on our waiting list and we will advise when to have another visit.
4. If you decide that a greyhound is not for you we wish you well on your continued search.
5. If you have reserved a dog, arrangements will be made for a volunteer to make a home visit to talk more about greyhounds and advise as necessary.
6. If you wish for a home visit before you decide, to get further information and advice, we are happy to make an arrangement.
7. Once a home visit has been successfully concluded than a further visit to the kennels to pick up a greyhound or make a decision can be made.
8. We are ALWAYS available to help and assist once someone has taken on a greyhound. We are always available for advice and support and if required, we have the use of the services of a dog behaviour specialist to help with the relationship between you and your new greyhound.
9. Our aim is to provide happy dogs for happy homes and owners – and we are willing to go the extra mile to make sure this will happen.
10. We organise a number of events etc during each year for people to get together with other greyhound owners.